Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Calendar - Christmas Tree


One Christmas...I was about 15...my parents thought it would be a wonderful idea to have a real tree. And by real tree I mean a live tree...a tree that would be beautiful - fresh, green, have that pine smell...and have a blob of dirt and roots the size of a VW Beetle! Ok not really...but it was pretty dang big! I wish I had a picture of my mom's face when my dad brought the tree into our house through the sliding glass door in a wheelbarrow.

Mom draped a sheet over the ball of dirt and the wheelbarrow, and we decorated. The tree was beautiful and green and smelled fresh. It was a wonderful tree, and we enjoyed our tree all Christmas season...all five days...

See the great thing about having a live tree is also the worse thing... On Christmas Day...after all the presents have been unwrapped....my Dad and Uncle wheeled the tree back through the sliding glass door...dig a hole in our yard...and plant the tree...my mom vacuuming the dirt away as my aunt takes the sheet to the laundry.

So there was our Christmas tree on Christmas Day, in our yard...some tinsel still clinging to the branches blowing in the cold December wind...enjoying the sunshine.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment